For Thanksgiving this year we are going to celebrate with friends in Portland Oregon. This means mornings with big mugs of coffee and cooking group breakfasts. I am packing this recipe because I think it will be perfect for the season.
Sweet Potato Pancakes
2 1/2 c. flour (1 1/2 c. all purpose + 1 c. rice flour)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 c. buttermilk
1/2 c. milk
2 T brown sugar
1 cup mashed sweet potato
Top with – maple syrup, hand whipped cream, pecans, etc…
- Roast 1 large sweet potato at 400°F for 45 minutes. Remove the skin and mash it.
- Mix flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk, milk, and sugar. Stir in the mashed sweet potato. Pour in the melted butter. Mix until uniform.
- Fold in the dry ingredients. Don’t overmix! Then, rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add 1T butter to coat the surface. Using a 1/4-cup measure, pour batter into the skillet. Cook until golden, which is about 2 minutes on each side.
recipe and images from thekitchn